29.9.14

on the road


i will never get tired of being on the road, with the windows down, the sun pouring in, and my hair dancing in the wind.

one day we will hire a campervan and travel this country from top to bottom, but for now small road trips will have to do. these trips are bittersweet - never long enough, but always a much needed refresher from the constant rhythm of daily life.

saturday was one of those days. we felt the urge to hit the road, and we satisfied it. after having breakfast with my brother and his wife, we jumped in the car and drove an hour north to oamaru to spend the day with tim's family. it was a whirlwind trip, but a good one all the same.

by the seventh of november my exams will be over, and these small trips will happen more often. this weekend's short excursion was just a sweet tease of what's to come. this summer is going to be one of the best, i'm going to make sure of it.

8 comments

  1. These photos are so beautiful! It makes me going on road trips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much katherine! i just love your blog - you're forever making my heart yearn to be back in hawaii!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thank you! you are just the sweetest!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful little adventure!! My husband and I are forever dreaming of VW camper and hitting the road!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is my absolute dream! VW campers give me all the heart eyes :-)

      Delete
  4. The photos are gorgeous! When I was in NZ earlier this year, I was just amazed about the sheer amount of campervans on the roads.

    Roadtrips are the best, or actually any trip away from where you live for a short amount of time. It's just so refreshing.

    http://dignifiable.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you've been to new zealand?! awesome! haha yeah, campervans + new zealand sorta go hand in hand ;-)

      Delete

© Ariana Leilani. Design by Fearne.