11.2.15

it's a thin line


I quit my job today.
The tension had been building up for a long time, and on Monday an incident occurred between my boss and I which was the final straw. The "straw that broke the camel's back" so to speak.

It's fair to say that I haven't been happy in my part-time job over the past couple of months. My time there has certainly been a testing one, and it has truly made me appreciate how much people can make or break a place. It is hard to feel at ease in an environment or enthusiastic about a workplace when those further up the hierarchy show no respect or care towards their employees. It is not a nice place to be, and whilst feeling worried about my finances after this decision, I am so relieved to not have to step foot through those doors again.

Sometimes, I find that the line between being accepting and being walked all over is a thin one. How forgiving can you let yourself be, before you just become a push over? Its a question that I'm not sure even has a 'right' answer.

Whatever the answer may or may not be, I'm proud of myself for standing up for myself and saying 'no'. Putting that letter and my uniform down on my boss' desk this morning was one of the best feelings. That door is now closed, and I can just look forward and start the job search with a fresh mind. Should I just forget about a part-time job for this semester and focus on my studies? Or should I just start intentionally investing my time and effort into growing my own photography business?

I have no answers now, but time will tell.

4 comments

  1. Good for you! I hope whatever you choose to do puts your mind at ease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Your happiness definitely comes first, I'm so glad you didn't let those awful people walk all over you. I know from personal experience how hard it can be to pluck up the courage and say 'no' but I did and it was totally worth it in the end. I'm a firm believer that when one door closes another one opens so hopefully your photography business can grow in this time. xx

    Abby | Eärendil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I am so proud of you! Life is too short to be in a job that makes you unhappy. Take the next few months as it comes. Don't pressure yourself to find a job straight away or to have all the answers. Enjoy this time and embrace all the goodness that has come from this decision :) proud of you girlie xx

    ReplyDelete

© Ariana Leilani. Design by Fearne.