11.3.15

currently // style


Lately, I've been obsessed with muted colours, light denim, and layers. Black denim has forever (and will forever) be my go-to denim of choice, but as of recent I've found myself continually gravitating towards lighter blues. Light blue denim boyfriend jeans - complete with a few rips here and there - and teamed with a pair of black Birkenstocks has 'yum' written all over it. I'm yet to purchase a pair of light wash beauties, but I'm hoping to leap out of my comfort zone soon, swipe my card and commit to embracing the trend. I think that they will be the perfect addition to my wardrobe - so versatile, and (hopefully) so comfortable.

With the cold creeping back into our every day life ever so slowly, layers are starting to become more of a feature and necessity on a day to day basis. I've been gaining inspiration from Pinterest on how to work layers in a way that comes off as 'cool' rather than frumpy. It's a fine line. I'm workin' on it. ha.

Last but not least... hats.
Fedoras.
Oh you beautiful things.
I have 3 currently, which are pretty much on a daily rotation. They dress up any outfit and can immediately make you look put together. A good fedora or floppy hat has slowly made its way into what I consider should be an "essential" item in every girls wardrobe. For you Kiwi's reading, Glassons have just recently added a few of these to their stock, and they are at such an affordable price!

What are the trends that you are currently crushin' on?

6 comments

  1. LOVE your advice on this all and so wanna buy a fendora xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buy one!! Seriously, I don't know how I survived without mine. I bought mine in the states because they were all the rage when I was over there, and it's become like a 5th limb to me! Perfect for hiding any bad hair days haha!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I'm crushing on these trends, too! Loving these colors.

    Circus & Bloom
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'll ever get tired of the muted color palette. Forever going to be a favourite!

      Delete
  3. just bought myself some birks the other week and i can't wait to wear them once things warm up here in canada! i'm definitely a fan of muted colours and comfy clothes too! love these trends :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to buy some! but it's going into winter here.. not sure how much wear I'll get out of them this year :(

      Delete

© Ariana Leilani. Design by Fearne.