6.7.16

honeymoon: north shore, hawaii





































For our last few days on Oahu, we decided to hire a rental car - BEST. DECISION. EVER. Last time around we did the same thing and got to drive ourselves right up to the North Shore (about a 45 minute drive if you cut right through the middle of the island) and then all around the coast line. It was one of our favourite memories of our last trip so we knew that we had to lock in a car again at some point!

This time was different than last. We weren't trying to fit in all the touristy things we could, we simply explored for the sake of exploring and felt no sense of urgency or need to rush throughout our days. We wandered the North Shore, drinking coffee and took in the sights all around us. We found a secret beach, (seriously, we were the ONLY ones on it!) and hung out with our new friend Fred, the turtle. It was so surreal and magical and crazy. I literally felt like we were on the tv show Survivor, haha!

If you go to the North Shore, you have to try out the food trucks. Pineapple salsa. Tacos. Tim always gets shrimp tacos whenever we visit and it's something he is always looking forward to!

These photos capture just a smidge of the beauty that is Hawaii. It always amazes me how the green side of Hawaii hardly ever gets shown through social media, because to me, its just as beautiful as the white sandy beaches. Some of my favourite moments in Hawaii have been the ones where we are just driving... through the lush greens or the crystal blues..

** Its been 4 months since we were in Hawaii. I would do anything to go back to these islands... there's a part of my heart that will always, always be there. Some nights I'll just sit on my laptop and flick through photos from our honeymoon, from our trip in 2014.... just dreaming of the day that we go back here again.

1 comment

  1. Pure magic. I'm leaving for the Big Island tomorrow. I can't wait to get a glimpse of the lava pouring in the sea. Eventually I'll get to Oahu. I have a friend on the North Shore and hopefully I can live there for a while. I hope you get to be there again soon. <3

    ReplyDelete

OLD
© Ariana Leilani. Design by Fearne.